Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shout Out Etiquette on the Radio

Well yes, people in the caribbean are simply hilarious! I've been listening to Soca 91.9 you know deh Iwer station, and I am always astounded that whenever I try to call in to give my wonderful $100. worth of knowledge, that I cannot get through! Now, why do you think that is? Well, surely, you don't know, cause your guess is as good as mine. However, listening to this show I've come to realize that 90% of the callers are very, VERY what they call repeat listeners, so much so that it's as though they have a 'special number' just so that they can get through. I mean really, how much of a coinkydink can it be that the same person can call 4 times and get through all those times?

Another question, just who are these 'SAUCES?' Mummy sauce, freaky sauce, this sauce, that sauce? Lol. I swear, it's as though people use the radio station as a form or relaying their own personal msgs. I mean I've heard, 'mummy sauce you need to call me cause i have some stuff for this child or that person,' it's really quite funny.

Another Radio Etiquette people is: When you're giving a SHOUT OUT you really DO NOT HAVE TO NAME YOUR YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY TREE!

And the NUMBER ONE RADIO ETIQUETTE IS TO PLEASE TURN THE VOLUME DOWN WHEN YOU CALL IN A RADIO SHOW! THE FEEDBACK IS EARTH SHATTERING!!

BIG FLICKIN STEUPSS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious funny enough i listen to the show online and i always ask myself who are these 'sauces' anyway? you are so right though i can't believe these people call the show sooo many times and still they don't remember to turn down the volume!